Forum: Code of Conduct
By signing up to use the English and History Tutor Forums you are agreeing to abide by the following rules.
1. Post thoughtfully. One word posts, or posts which are little more than assertion, do little to move a conversation along or to improve anyone's understanding. If you haven't got time to give a full explanation of your point, wait until you do.
2. Post courteously. Respond to the specific questions raised and give other voices room to be heard. This is not a place for intellectual jousting but a place where we can learn and grow as we probe each others' ideas. If you are just here for an argument I recommend Facebook; if you're here to abuse others then go to Twitter.
3. Fairly obviously: racist, sexist or homophobic language will not be tolerated.
4. Try to use evidence wherever possible to back up your points: it's not always easy but it's good practice.
5. Don't be afraid to be wrong or to be corrected. That's how we learn.
6. If I contact you regarding your posting, please take heed of the advice given. Otherwise you may find yourself removed.